18 November 2009

Garmin Portable Friction Mount : Works great, looks a bit strange at first but well worth buying



I knew I didn't want to install anything permanent in my car (like adhesive mounts) because it would look strange and be a pain to deal with when I sell it. And I live in California where it is illegal to attach a GPS unit to the windsheild, plus my windsheild is very slanted so it would be a bit too far away there anyway, unless I mount it way up high on the windshield.

This friction mount works well. It allows me to put the GPS on my dash or on my center console and I don't have to mount anything permanently in to my car. And if I'm going on a trip with someone else in their car, it's super easy to bring it along and put it in their car.

It's also good for if you have a passenger that wants to play with and use the GPS, they can just move the mount over to their side of the dashboard.

I recommend this friction mount although have to admit, it looks a bit strange at first (especially with no GPS mounted on it), but you get used to it.


Thanks:
http://astore.amazon.com/garmin.gps.navigator.cheap-20/detail/B000LRMS66

No comments:

Post a Comment